We are a rapidly growing quantum computing startup Zapata Computing seeks a Product Designer to create a UX for our enterprise software platform, Orquestra®. We aim to delight and empower users with bold design interactions driven by their needs. Our dream teammate will dig in and take ownership of how the experience will feel and work down to the details. If you’re collaborative, imaginative, and have software product design experience (preferably for enterprise customers), we want to see your portfolio.
- Design how key personas experience our software product, Orquestra. Through design, embody Orquestra’s value to those key audiences.
- Lead the design of Orquestra’s user experience, beginning with an initial GUI that is intuitive and desirable for our users.
- Collaborate with Product team to synthesize Orquestra customer feedback and research into new features, interactions, and experiences that we can prototype, test, and deploy.
- Evolve the product continually over time for future releases, in partnership with the product team and potentially outside partners to scale your vision and design system.
- Help deepen customer and user empathy across Zapata.
- 20% of this job is unknown—we’re a startup in a startup industry and don’t know everything yet. Looking for a teammate to roll up their sleeves to do whatever it takes to move the team and product forward.
- Works with product and engineering teams.
- Create intuitive, easy-to-use interface that helps various personas to get comfortable with bleeding-edge technologies such as Quantum Computing, Machine Learning and related enterprise workflows
- Combining great design and technology solutions, balancing what users want and what’s technically feasible.
- Experience translating customer needs into early sketches, wireframes, then full designs for all key moments of Orquestra’s user experience. This should include “signature moments” of interaction that bring product and brand to life uniquely.
- Strong portfolio and 2 years’+ track record designing and building software-based and other customer experiences, products and services that demonstrate empathy for the end-user, especially for B2B or enterprise software.
- Experience collaborating with full-stack development teams (front-end, back-end, infrastructure, and data-driven systems). In particular, a familiarity designing for front-end frameworks such React and Angular. Bonus – ability to build in those front-end frameworks.
- Bonus: familiarity with data applications and workflows
- Excellent communication, collaboration skills.
- Fluency with UX prototyping tools like Figma.
Zapata is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.