IT Operations Manager
External Title: IT Operations Manager
Reports to: VP Corporate Operations
About Zapata Computing:
Zapata Computing, Inc. is a quantum software, services and applications company with a mission to accelerate the quantum revolution. We are developing a quantum workflow platform to solve critical problems across a wide range of industries. Zapata’s quantum platform Orquestra™ combines a powerful software platform and quantum algorithm libraries to deliver real-world solutions across a full range of classical and quantum technologies.
About the job:
The IT Operations Manager articulates and drives IT strategy, technical architecture, security, support model and operational excellence for our organization. This role partners with department leaders to identify and define business IT solutions. Your responsibility includes ensuring the secure delivery of information technology solutions and services that generate real business value and confirming results are measured and communicated.
Ultimately, you’ll ensure our Corporate IT systems meet the needs of the business and are secure, consistent, and reliable.
- Articulate and drive IT strategy as it relates to employee devices and applications supporting the business.
- Work closely with Zapata business leaders to develop IT priorities and roadmap which aligns with our business strategy and drives improvement in our business
- Maintain and optimize a cloud based IT infrastructure and small satellite office infrastructures.
- Oversee and proactively drive and strengthen our systems security through equipment and applications configurations, employee awareness, and adherence to policies and procedures; ensure data is handled, transferred, or processed according to legal and company guidelines
- Direct the designs, plans, and implementation of new projects to deploy new systems, make system improvements, etc.
- Ensure continuous improvement in value optimization, IT performance, and business processes where applicable
- Resolve issues escalated by our MSP vendor
- Responsible for overall corporate IT budgets, schedules and performance standards – ensuring that they are set appropriately and attained
- Develops and directs third party partner relationships who provide critical support and services; determines appropriate level of internal versus external support that supports our business strategy
- Develop IT policies and procedures to ensure safe, effective and reliable operations. Develop guides and communications to users, such as FAQ documents or employee IT handbooks
- Assess corporate business needs related to equipment, applications, and service; compare pricing and which vendors offer the most advantageous terms, then negotiate rates with those vendors.
- Responsible for drafting system processes and standards to achieve compliance goals for ISO or SOC and lead validation requirements
- Responsible for building and implementing Corporate IT disaster recovery solutions and testing as required
- Proven experience as IT Operations Manager
- Experience with system installation, configuration and analysis
- Thorough knowledge of networks and cloud computing
- Knowledge of data protection operations and legislation
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Familiarity with assessing and improving processes
- Strong written and verbal communicators, able to communicate effectively with team members, management personnel, and end users throughout the organization
- Problem-solving skills – this role also requires excellent problem-solving skills, especially when it comes to directly addressing issues with software, hardware, and servers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business or related field with at least 7 years of relevant professional experience required
- Strong financial management and budgeting skills
- Boston or Nashville
- Flexible Remote Work
Zapata is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.