About Zapata Computing:
Zapata Computing, Inc. is a quantum software, services and applications company with a mission to accelerate the quantum revolution. We are developing a quantum workflow platform to solve critical problems across a wide range of industries. Zapata’s quantum platform Orquestra™ combines a powerful software platform and quantum algorithm libraries to deliver real-world solutions across a full range of classical and quantum technologies.
We are committed to creating an environment that accelerates our employee’s growth and positive impact in the world. Work here is fast-paced, highly collaborative, and cross-disciplinary. Our world-class engineers, scientists, and researchers are creative, curious, and resourceful problem solvers with a revolutionary mindset.
About the job:
The Zapata Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business by building Zapata’s workflow platform Orquestra. As a Software Engineer working on the Platform team, you'll have the opportunity to work on everything from the engine that powers the quantum workflow language to the systems that enable users to easily analyze workflow data. Behind everything Orquestra users see is the architecture built by the Platform team to keep it running. From Integrating quantum hardware to building the next generation of quantum software algorithms we make building Zapata’s quantum portfolio possible.
- Lead the design and implementation of an expressive quantum computing language for Orquestra that lies at the intersection of software engineering and quantum computing.
- Enable Orquestra to become a multi-tenanted environment where multiple fortune 500 enterprises can co-exist on a single Orquestra workflow platform with proper role-based access controls.
- Supporting a DevOps approach where delivery includes all operational work required to deploy and operate the software in addition to development time.
- Utilize and evolve knowledge of industry best practices in software design, construction and delivery to enable discussions with the team and drive the SDLC evolution.
- Work collaboratively with product management, and technical marketing, during the development, launch, and continuing refinement of Zapata’s products
- Work in a paired programming environment applying the best industry standards for code health, scalability and robustness, and mentoring junior Software Engineers.
- Build a trusted advisory relationship with Zapata’s customers by presenting, supporting and hosting customers meetings to ensuring users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Cooperation in prioritization of work and engineering decisions
- Willingness to adapt priorities to as needed to meet the demand of our internal team and external customers
- Team success as a shared accomplishment with diversity in thought and experience
- Open communication and willingness to respectfully engage with others
- Knowledge or experience with cloud providers and IaaS
- Clear understanding of cloud service and deployment models
- Knowledge and experience with building and deploying enterprise or cloud scale applications
- Experience with production systems and dealing with production issues
- Comfortable in Golang (Go) (or equivalent languages)
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Experience writing software in a pair-programming and test-driven development environment.
- Experience with Golang (Go) and Python.
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
- Experience with a PaaS product such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk or similar
- Familiar with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Concourse
- Experience in datacenter operations, network administration, production database support or website support
Understanding of systems monitoring, alerting and analytics such as Datadog, Prometheus
Zapata is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.