If you are passionate about computer technology, have a software engineering background and are eager to develop a career in technology sales, Zapata is the place to be. We are looking for a European Pre-Sales Engineer to work in Europe. The position can be located anywhere in Europe.
ABOUT ZAPATA COMPUTING INC
Zapata Computing, Inc. is a quantum software, services and applications company with a mission to accelerate the quantum revolution. We are developing quantum algorithms to solve critical problems across a wide range of industries. Zapata’s quantum platform Orquestra™ (launching Q1 2020) combines a powerful software platform and quantum algorithm libraries to deliver real-world solutions across a full range of classical and quantum technologies.
We are committed to creating an environment that accelerates our teammates’ growth and positive impact in the world. We are fast-paced, highly collaborative, and cross-disciplinary. Our world-class team of resourceful problem solvers is creative, curious, and revolutionary in its mindset.
With more than 35 team members globally, Zapata is the leader of quantum computing algorithms and software. It promotes an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. As we continue to grow our business globally, we are looking for a European Pre-Sales Engineer with a proven track record.
With the launch of its OrquestraTM quantum platform Zapata Computing Inc. is looking for an engineer to work for the business development team. The role revolves around presenting Zapata’s platform vision, value & strategy to executives and technical management using a variety of methods. You will report to the Director of Business Development Europe and collaborate closely with Zapata’s quantum scientists, researchers, and programmers.
- Evangelize Zapata’s offer to the business and quantum community via shared mediums, social media, articles, conferences, meetups, etc.
- Create content around OrquestraTM such as demos, walkthroughs, technical blogposts, tutorials etc. (with assistance from Zapata’s engineering, sales and marketing team)
- Create and present demos of the OrquestraTM platform to potential customers and partners
- Work with Zapata’s sales, marketing team to provide feedback on customer requirements and needs
- Coach customers and partners in using the OrquestraTM platform; deliver technical workshops that explain how the platform works
- Track user engagement on the platform and gather user feedback on the OrquestraTM , working with Product Management, Marketing & Engineering to continually refine Zapata products
- Support new OrquestraTM users during trial period to increase their engagement
- Excellent presentation & sales pitch skills; demonstrated ability to present and explain (quantum computing) technology and related software to both non-technical and technical/scientific audiences
- Ability to collaborate and work interactively with external clients as well as internal teams to ensure successful deployment of OrquestraTM
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-speed environment with a high degree of pro-activeness
- Attention to detail
- Moderate to frequent travel
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND KNOWLEDGe
- 3+ years Industry experience in sales engineering or software systems
- BS degree in Computer Science, or related technical/STEM field – will consider non-degree candidate with evidence of exceptional ability. Master’s degree, PhD, or substantial experience in engineering, computer science, or another related technical field preferred.
- Knowledgeable with some experience in building software (writing a ML module/package, implemented quantum simulator etc.)
- Familiar with quantum computing and/or quantum software development with an interest in pursuing a career in the field
- Experience using workflow management tools for data science or applied research (not necessarily quantum), like kubeflow, knime, MLflow, aiida
- Working proficiency in verbal and written English. Other languages welcomed: German, French, Spanish.
Zapata is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.