ABOUT ZAPATA COMPUTING, INC.
Zapata Computing, Inc. is a quantum software, services and applications company with a mission to accelerate the quantum revolution. We are developing a quantum workflow platform to solve critical problems across a wide range of industries. Zapata’s quantum platform Orquestra™ (launched Q1 2020) combines a powerful software platform and quantum algorithm libraries to deliver real-world solutions across a full range of classical and quantum technologies.
We are committed to creating an environment that accelerates our teammates’ growth and positive impact in the world. We are fast-paced, highly collaborative, and cross-disciplinary. Our world-class team of resourceful problem solvers is creative, curious, and revolutionary in its mindset.
Zapata is the leader of quantum computing algorithms and software. It promotes an environment that is rooted in the entrepreneurial spirit in which the company was founded. As we continue to grow our business globally, we are looking for a Pre-Sales Engineer with a proven track record for the North American market.
With the launch of its OrquestraTM quantum platform Zapata Computing Inc. is looking for an engineer to work for the business development team. The role revolves around presenting Zapata’s platform vision, value & strategy to executives and technical management using a variety of methods. You will report to the Director of Quantum Solutions and collaborate closely with Zapata’s quantum scientists, researchers, and programmers.
- Evangelize Zapata’s offer to the business and quantum community via shared mediums, social media, articles, conferences, meetups, etc.
- Create content around OrquestraTM such as demos, walkthroughs, technical blogposts, tutorials etc. (with assistance from Zapata’s engineering, sales and marketing team).
- Create and present demos of the OrquestraTM platform to potential customers and partners.
- Work with Zapata’s sales and marketing teams to provide feedback on customer requirements and needs.
- Coach customers and partners in using the OrquestraTM platform; deliver technical workshops that explain how the platform works.
- Track user engagement on the platform and gather user feedback on the OrquestraTM, working with Product Management, Marketing & Engineering to continually refine Zapata products.
- Support new OrquestraTM users during trial period to increase their engagement.
- Excellent presentation & sales pitch skills; demonstrated ability to present and explain (quantum computing) technology and related software to both non-technical and technical/scientific audiences
- Ability to collaborate and work interactively with external clients as well as internal teams to ensure successful deployment of OrquestraTM
- Thrives in a dynamic and high-speed environment where initiative is expected and rewarded
- Attention to detail
- Moderate to frequent travel
- EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND KNOWLEDGE
- 3+ years Industry experience in sales engineering or software systems
- Will consider exceptional BS degree candidate in Computer Science, or related technical/STEM field but a master’s degree, PhD, or substantial experience in engineering, computer science, quantum information science, mathematics, physics is preferred.
- Knowledgeable with some experience in building software (writing a Machine Learning (ML) , Chemistry or Optimization module/package, implemented quantum simulator etc.)
- Familiar with quantum computing and/or quantum software development.
- Experience using workflow management tools for data science or applied research (not necessarily quantum), like kubeflow, knime, MLflow, aiida
- Excellent communications skills in verbal and written English. Other languages welcomed.
US or Canada, Remote but near a major airport is desireable.
Zapata is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.