About Zapata Computing:
Zapata Computing, Inc. is a quantum software, services and applications company with a mission to accelerate the quantum revolution. We are developing a quantum workflow platform to solve critical problems across a wide range of industries. Zapata’s quantum platform Orquestra™ combines a powerful software platform and quantum algorithm libraries to deliver real-world solutions across a full range of classical and quantum technologies.
About the job:
The Head of Design leads, oversees and implements the Zapata brand and our product brand, Orquestra, across all touchpoints. This person must be highly collaborative and help drive customer- and user-centered design across the organization. This leader will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and work closely with the Chief Product Officer for UX design and product collaboration. They will also lead other designers to ensure a consistent and bold visual and interaction experience across channels and touchpoints.
- Designs how the world experiences Zapata and critically, our software product, Orquestra. Through design, embody our brands (Zapata and Orquestra) and our product’s value to our various audiences (academic, enterprise, etc.).
- Leads the design of Orquestra’s user experience, beginning with an initial GUI that is intuitive and desirable for our users.
- Designs our marketing and sales presence in partnership with marketing and BD teams, including websites (ZapataComputing.com, Orquestra.io), social media, video content, various storytelling formats, sales presentations and collateral.
- Synthesizes Orquestra customer feedback and research into new features, interactions, and experiences that we can prototype, test and deploy in collaboration with Product Manager.
- Evolves the Orquestra product experience continually over time for future releases, in partnership with the product team and potentially outside partners to implement.
- Helps deepen customer and user empathy across Zapata with scalable methods, habits, culture.
- A track record of combining great design and technology solutions, balancing what users want and what’s technically feasible.
- Proven ability to translate customer needs into early sketches, wireframes, then full designs for all key moments of Orquestra’s user experience. This should include “signature moments” of interaction that bring product and brand to life uniquely.
- Strong portfolio and 6+ years’ track record designing and building software-based and other customer experiences, products and services that demonstrate empathy for the end-user.
- Experience collaborating with full-stack development teams (front-end, back-end, infrastructure, and data-driven systems). In particular, a familiarity designing for front-end frameworks such React and Angular.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, facilitation skills.
- Fluency with UX prototyping tools like Figma, InVision, and friends.
- Interest in new technologies and early, dynamic industries and ecosystems. Ability to be nimble and work in a fast-paced startup.
- With your application, please share 2-3 projects that demonstrate your design and technical expertise and clearly define what your contribution was in each project. Please also share applicable links to Github repos, portfolio, website, etc.
Zapata is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.