About Zapata Computing:
Zapata Computing, Inc. is a quantum software, services and applications company with a mission to accelerate the quantum revolution. We are developing a quantum workflow platform to solve critical problems across a wide range of industries. Zapata’s quantum platform Orquestra™ combines a powerful software platform and quantum algorithm libraries to deliver real-world solutions across a full range of classical and quantum technologies.
About the job:
Zapata Professional Services seeks a senior level distributed software engineer to support our Professional Services team with existing and future design and implementation of solutions that directly impact our customers. This member will work with a team of other engineers and scientists to shape existing and future services at Zapata.
- Put the customer at the center of everything we do
- Team success as a shared accomplishment
- Open communication and willingness to respectfully engage with others
- Distributed system design and implementation
- Large scalable, high-performance software systems
- Work with a team of software engineers, architects, and QA
- Write unit, functional, and smoke tests that support distributed design
- Work in AWS, GCP, and other hardware environments
- TCP/IP networking tasks like firewalls and network configuration
- Provide technical support and advice to engineering and sales teams
- Detailed design documentation
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in distributed computing
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science
- Experience doing R&D on existing and new systems.
- Experience designing and implementing systems from rough requirements
- Experience with container technologies such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Comfortable with software collaboration tools like Git
- Ability to program in C/C++ and Fortran. Demonstrated knowledge of MPI, OpenMP, CUDA, OpenCL, Golang and Python. Experience in PERL and Shell programming is a plus
- Performance modeling (queueing/simulation) experience a plus.
- Remote: USA, Canada, and Europe
Zapata is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.