About Zapata Computing:
Zapata Computing, Inc. is a quantum software, services and applications company with a mission to accelerate the quantum revolution. We are developing a quantum workflow platform to solve critical problems across a wide range of industries, with artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) being one of our core company efforts. Zapata’s quantum platform Orquestra™ combines a powerful software platform and quantum algorithm libraries to deliver real-world solutions across a full range of classical and quantum technologies.
We are committed to creating an environment that accelerates our employee’s growth and positive impact in the world. Work here is fast-paced, highly collaborative, and cross-disciplinary. Our world-class engineers, scientists, and researchers are creative, curious, and resourceful problem solvers with a revolutionary mindset.
About the job:
The Zapata Quantum AI team helps customers transform and evolve their business by building Zapata’s quantum machine learning (QML) workflow solutions. As a Senior Machine Learning/DevOps Engineer working on the Quantum AI team, you'll have the opportunity to work on everything from the engine that powers the QML workflow language to the systems that enable users to easily analyze workflow data. Behind everything Orquestra’s QML users see is the architecture built by the Quantum AI team to seamlessly integrate complex QML algorithms with our powerful workflow platform.
- Work closely with Quantum AI Software Engineers and Quantum AI Scientists to build a development environment with the best industry standards for code health, scalability, and robustness.
- Lead the design and implementation of an expressive quantum computing language for Orquestra that lies at the intersection of software engineering and QML.
- Supporting a DevOps approach where delivery includes all operational work required to deploy and operate the software in addition to development time.
- Utilize and evolve knowledge of industry best practices in software design, construction and delivery to enable discussions with the team and drive the SDLC evolution.
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms.
- Contribute to product and project strategy, roadmap definition, and requirements gathering
- Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
- Experience with state-of-the-art ML techniques such as deep learning, generative/probabilistic, modeling and/or reinforcement learning.
- Exposure to leading-edge areas such as MLOps, distributed computing, and data pipelines.
- Demonstrated success with ML and deep learning in SaaS or Cloud environment, with hands-on knowledge of model creation and deployment in production at scale
- Expertise in Python.
- Knowledge and experience with building and deploying enterprise or cloud scale applications.
- Good command of spoken and written English.
- Experience writing software in a test-driven development environment.
- Experience with web service standards and related patterns (REST and/or gRPC).
- Experience with Big Data and analytics tools such as: Hadoop, Spark, Dask, and MapReduce.
- Fluency in at least one deep learning framework: PyTorch, TensorFlow/Keras
- Experience with MLOps pipelines such as Kubeflow, guild.ai, Airflow/ML Flow, etc.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Golang.
- Familiar with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Concourse.
- Boston, Toronto, or Remote
Zapata is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.